The Sewer Department's mission is to keep the 110 mile sanitary sewer system running, and to prevent residents and businesses from experiencing any problems which may be caused by a main line blockage.
This is achieved by cleaning lines and trouble spots on a daily basis. In addition, the Sewer Department also keeps up with our microorganism program to keep grease existing in the sewer lines under control.
- Maintaining 110 miles of sewer mains.
- Cleaning lines with our Jet Trucks
- Inspecting lines with our T.V. Truck
- Working with Inspections on new lateral connections.
- Taking care of two pump stations & their emergency generators.
- The sewer department is on call 24/7 for any emergencies that may come up.
- Working together with local engineering firms to prevent water infiltration.
- Repair and replacement of manholes.
- Repair or line broken sewer lines.